|Download the Current Stable Version: AWSOM Pixgallery 4.7.0 plugin|
|Download the Previous Stable Version: AWSOM Pixgallery 4.6.2 plugin|
The example archives on this page are designed using the AWSOM Pixgallery plugin version 4.6.X. The original Pixgallery plugin was written by Nathan Moinvaziri of nathanm.com. The AWSOM version is a collaboration between Mr. Moinvaziri and myself.
Some of the features of this plugin are:
- Easily Get Your Work Seen: With the New Image/Gallery RSS system you can let people always know when you’ve added new images to any gallery. With the new integrated ShareThis functionality people can easily share links to any of your galleries or images with their friends or the world.
- Easily Installed: AWSOM Pixgallery requires no theme editing and creates all tables, cache folders and default gallery folders for you with a single activation click on your plugin admin page.
- Drop and Go functionality: Upload your images into a folder on your server, put a code in a post or page (which Pixgallery can generate for you), and immediately have an automatically created gallery with thumbnails, watermarks, news post interlinks (when used with the Comicpress theme system) pagination and more in seconds.
- Easily Updated: Adding or removing images is as simple as adding them to the original folder–Pixgallery detects the new or changed images and adds them into your gallery with no work on your part. You can even add entire new folders of images just as easily by uploading them.
- Easily Add Metadata: Click on the link under any image (when logged into your site) and immediately go to a page to input custom names, tags, links, etc.–all using the New Advanced Visual Editor or code view editor. Now you can also display Photo EXIF data and IPTC data automatically. You can even optionally update metadata for your images directly through the thumbnail view!
- Easily present the images the way you want: Pixgallery can show your images in alphabetical order, the order they were added to the gallery, by numerical sort or the reverse of any of these types. Also add CSS options directly through the admin interface to theme your gallery to more closely match your website theme, or to show off your gallery in a special way.
- Show off your best work: Use the Custom Gallery Image system to have any image you want represent the folder icon for a gallery.
- Show Review Galleries like the Big Guys: Pixgallery can limit the thumbnails of galleries in your posts to a set number, with a “click to see more” link beneath, just like all of the major review sites–you can also choose to show names and captions with the images or simply present the images by themselves.
- Full Control over Image sizes and display: You choose the thumbnail size and Pixgallery creates them for you. You can even limit the “full size” images to match your theme’s width–All With the expected range of pop up window, open in new window, or “lightbox” new layer effects to display the actual full sized image. You can even set to automatically have Pixgallery hide your sidebar area to show more of your images in your gallery.
- Get Quick Feedback:You can optionally turn on the Individual Feedback system to have all comments placed on a gallery page or post “sticky” to the image or folder they were entered against, this sytem integrates directly with WordPress’s own comment system so all of your regular comment addons work with it, and all of your protections still work to keep your galleries spam free. And Yes, it works with the new WordPress 2.7 Nested comment system!
- And many more features, with active and fulltime development ongoing. Your feedback has added directly to the feature set of AWSOM Pixgallery and is taken seriously. We want Pixgallery to be the easiest and best solution to adding an Image, webcomic, or photo gallery to your WordPress install.
Here’s a picture of the New Admin functions:
Here’s a picture of the Write page to enter Captions:
Here’s a picture of the Theme page to enter Galleries: